DUI Defense Attorney
Being convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs is a matter of the prosecution proving that a driver was impaired. In the vast majority of cases in which a driver is charged with DUI, the prosecution’s main weapon is evidence that his or her blood alcohol content (BAC) was higher than the legal limit of .08 percent, and that evidence can take the form of breath test or blood test results. In other cases, law enforcement arrests a driver based on other factors that may appear to demonstrate impairment, such as the smell of alcohol or marijuana on a driver’s breath, glassy eyes, swerving on the road or other subjective phenomena.
Confident, Aggressive Representation in DUI Cases
If you were arrested for drunk driving based on blood alcohol content, I can fight for your rights and make sure you are treated fairly. As a DUI defense and criminal defense attorney with more than 30 years of Florida experience, I can represent you confidently and aggressively in criminal proceedings and DMV license suspension hearings.
As an attorney who has handled hundreds of DUI cases, I consider numerous factors, not just blood alcohol content (BAC) test results, when formulating a defense. I can help my clients by:
- Questioning traffic stops and field sobriety testing, and questioning law enforcement officers when appropriate
- Challenging the accuracy and legality of devices, equipment and testing facilities, since Breathalyzers and labs can be faulty in numerous ways
- Carefully considering prior DUI records, since prior convictions can greatly impact a case, and since drivers on probation for DUI with any measurable alcohol in their blood can be charged with probation violations or new DUI charges
- Contesting blood alcohol content even in cases of readings above .20 percent BAC
- Evaluating what role an accident or injuries may play in their cases