Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
DUI charges are always serious, but the potential consequences can be far greater when an accident occurs, especially when injuries are involved. These consequences can include the loss of driving privileges, fines and jail time. If a passenger or driver is killed, the penalty can be as grave as life imprisonment.
When drunk driving is believed to have played a role in an accident, charging and sentencing will depend on factors like:
- The specific circumstances of the accident
- The extent and type of injuries or fatalities
- The driver’s blood alcohol content (BAC)
- The driver’s criminal history, including any past DUIs
Have You Been Charged With Misdemeanor or Felony DUI?
If you have been charged with a DUI in relation to a car, truck or motorcycle accident, I can defend your legal rights and make sure you are treated fairly, regardless of what the charges are. As a DUI defense and criminal defense attorney who has handled hundreds of Florida DUI cases, I can represent you in criminal proceedings and DMV license suspension hearings. My experience includes:
- Felony drunk driving charges
- Charges of vehicular manslaughter
- Charges of vehicular homicide while under the influence and gross vehicular manslaughter while under the influence
- Misdemeanor cases involving property damage without injuries
- Drug-related DUI charges
Every DUI case is different, and every vehicle accident is different. It is essential to seek qualified legal advice if you are concerned about an accident that occurred.