Marijuana Defense Lawyer
The state of Florida is known for its unique constellation of marijuana laws, which provide for legal medical use and almost-legal possession of small amounts of cannabis while providing tough sentencing for felony convictions.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime or offense related to marijuana, having an experienced defense lawyer on your side can help you make important choices and reach the best possible outcome. Depending on the charges, consequences can range from a slap on the wrist in some cases to prison time in others.
Talk To an Attorney Who Knows Marijuana Laws
I am criminal defense attorney. With extensive experience in cases related to marijuana law, including matters related to medical marijuana, I can represent you and fight for your rights if your legal matter involves:
- Possession of marijuana, which can be charged as an infraction (the penalty for possessing less than an ounce of “weed” is similar to that of a parking ticket), a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount
- Possession of concentrated cannabis, hashish or hash oil, which can be prosecuted harshly
- Possession for sale or possession with intent to distribute
- Cultivation of marijuana, charges of which may be defended against on the basis of medical use
- A collective, cooperative or dispensary, focused on provision of doctor-recommended marijuana. I have successfully defended and pre-emptively advised growers of medical marijuana for years.
- Driving under the influence of drugs
I know how the other side thinks. Having spent 19 years working as a Deputy District Attorney, I know how the other side thinks. I closely examine every aspect of the prosecution’s case to look for holes we can exploit at trial, and I use that information to build the most compelling possible case on your behalf. I prepare every case as if it were going to trial.